CALL FOR ARTISTS
Call for Artists and Artisans
Commitment to Artists for 34 Years
When: May 1-31, 2021
Where: Online (2021 In-person PAF at Meridian Community Centre is cancelled)
Submission Deadline: Accepting applications until February 22, 2021 (11:59 PM)
The 34th Pelham Art Festival will be an Online Festival!
Due to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions, we recognize that there is no responsible safe way to hold an In-person Festival at the Meridian Community Centre on Mother’s Day weekend in May 2021, so instead we are pleased to invite you to participate in
Pelham Art Festival Online from May 01 to May 31, 2021!
This extends the opportunity for you to sell your work before and after the typical Mother’s Day weekend. We invite artists to join us with the same overall intention to raise funds to donate to the Pelham Library System, arts scholarships and community art projects. Returning artists are welcome, and every year new artists are invited to make application to join the upcoming Pelham Art Festival.
New artists are welcome to join Pelham Art Festival Online 2021, and just as in other years, your work will be juried for quality and to ensure that a wide variety of mediums will be showcased.
Every effort will be made to help you promote and sell your artwork, and for art lovers to see and purchase the pieces they choose through Pelham Art Festival Online 2021 on our e-commerce platform.
Every year, PAF welcomes over 2500 in-person visitors to the Festival and they purchase the art they love, usually spending over $50,000 annually. Artists benefit by making sales, meeting new clients and getting exposure for their artwork and we are very grateful that they donate 15% of their sales towards our fundraising efforts. Join us for the new exciting 2021 Online Festival!
Why Apply To PAF?
- Be part of the art community: We are committed to the artists who participate in Pelham Art Festival and as such, want to assure you that a strong social media, digital and local ad campaign will be implemented before and during the Festival to help attract attention to the Online Festival.
- Participate in training: We offer our artists opportunity for you to learn how to provide good quality images to promote your work online through extra training and support if you need that.
- Grow your network in-person and online: PAF is a well-respected Festival where many artists return year after year saying they love the atmosphere and feel warmly welcomed. Every effort will be made to help you promote and sell your artwork and for art lovers to see and purchase the pieces they choose through Pelham Art Festival Online 2021.
- Online sales experience: Showcase your artworks online on our user-friendly e-commerce platform.
- Be an influencer for change: Pelham Art Festival Online invites artists to participate in the “Our Planet, Our Future” Theme Challenge with a specially created work of art for the Online Festival. Join in our theme activity by creating in your favourite medium: a painting, fine art photography, sculpture, your glass, ceramic or wood creation, a piece of jewellery, or wearable art that is inspired by your passion as an artist to protect our beautiful planet.
Who Can Apply?
PAF’s jurors welcome individual artists and artisans working in all mediums; painting, photography, sculpture, glass, wood, textiles, jewellery and more, with formal or informal training, to apply. Established and emerging artists are welcome.
The Pelham Art Festival provides a welcoming place for all artists and art enthusiasts, and we are committed to equity and inclusion.
What Do We Offer?
- A successful & comprehensive marketing campaign: Benefit from our multi-platform marketing and promotions resulting in 2 million media impressions from 2019’s campaign. Our 2019 social media ad campaign reached 11,771 people, resulting in 56,222 media impressions. Since 2019 we've experienced great online growth and expect an even more expansive 2021 reach. Plus, additional opportunities to be spotlighted through our social media channels with an engaged audience on Facebook and Instagram continues to grow.
- Ongoing professional development: Dedicated support and guidance from our team through application workshops, juried art, and social media workshops (how to grow your digital outreach and social media skills).
- Free online and in-person resources and support: Assistance and troubleshooting for your artist and product pages, training, instructional videos, volunteers to assist you setting up your in-person booth display and comprehensive artist information is available.
- And so much more!
What Do Artists Have To Say?
PAF is proud to have hosted many renowned Canadian artists such as Robert Amirault, Janny Fraser, Linda Kemp, George Langbroek, Doug Mays, Sonja Mortimer, Edward Spera, Josh Tiessen and Steve Wilson to name a few.
Artists agree The Pelham Art Festival is a successful, professional, well-organized event. Many artists come back year after year saying that they enjoy the great Festival, and they comment on the warm, friendly, ambience that is unique to Niagara. They appreciate the volunteer assistance, and in 2019 they were enthusiastic about the wonderful new venue at the Meridian Community Centre in Pelham’s Fonthill.
How Can I Apply?
Apply early! Read our full Application Guidelines to find out what you need to submit an application.
There is an application for previously accepted returning artists and an application for new artists who apply to be juried into the Festival.
All applications are submitted online through the Pelham Art Festival website. If you have applied before, please login to reapply. New artists create an account here. Please check spam and junk folders if you have not received an email confirmation. Keep your login information safe, since you will need it later to check your results on your Artist Dashboard. When new artists are accepted by the jury process payment is due.
Online Festival 2021:
Up to 15 images - $150.00
Up to 25 images - $225.00
There will be a non-refundable $25 application-handling fee.
Final Deadline: February 22, 2021 (11:59 PM)
In-person Festival: (Cancelled for 2021)
$150.00 for single booth; $150.00 for corner booth; $225.00 for triple panel; $300.00 for double booth
For a complete breakdown of participation costs, see our Fees and Deadlines page.
About Pelham Art Festival
Now in its 34th year, the annual Mother’s Day weekend Pelham Art Festival is recognized as one of the premiere spring art festivals in Ontario and hosts nationally and internationally acclaimed Canadian artists.
Typically, over 80 emerging and established Ontario fine art artists and artisans working in an array of disciplines come together annually to showcase and sell their work directly to the public in the local Meridian Community Centre. Collectively our visitors spend over $50,000 annually on buying art, contributing to the economic prosperity of our participating artists and the cultural vibrancy of Pelham.
This year we expect over 60 artists to present their artwork online and we anticipate an enthusiastic support of their efforts. Together with our committed and generous community of donors, we celebrate artistic excellence and our artists’ entrepreneurial spirit.
We are a proud community sponsor of Pelham Public Libraries and the arts
Festival proceeds benefit the Pelham libraries and provide annual scholarships to graduating Pelham students who are pursuing post-secondary studies in fine arts from E.L. Crossley Secondary School, Notre Dame College School and to Pelham students enrolled in the Art and Design Program at Niagara College. The Festival also supports various community arts projects. Pelham Art Festival has proudly donated over $448,000 back to the community to date.
Pelham Art Festival Inc. is a not-for-profit corporation.
Where Do I Find Support?
Admin support will be available for you if you need it through [email protected]
Please state the title of your question in the heading of your email so your question will be forwarded to the person who can help you. with subject line: PAF 2021 Photographing Your Art for the Online Gallery + Your Name
with subject line: PAF 2021 Artist Gallery Setup Support + Your Name
with subject line: PAF 2021 General Support + Your Name
Connect to our mailing list to receive updates on upcoming Festivals. Subscribe
COVID-19 Safety Measures:
The PAF team cares about the health and safety of our artists and the public we serve. In spite of cancelling the in-person Festival in 2020 and again in 2021, we are hopeful to return to an in-person Festival in May 2022, following the safety guidelines provided by Niagara Region Public Health.
Given the fact that the annual Mother’s Day weekend festival needed to be cancelled again this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Pelham Art Festival Online has been set up instead. Despite the challenges of the pandemic, our dedicated team of volunteers, patrons, community partners and art lovers have come together in 2021 to present the first Pelham Art Festival Online event, creating a new digital platform that will be used to promote the work of artists and support our mandate to raise funds for the Pelham libraries, art scholarships and community art projects.